Friday, April 3, 2009

Twitter and the Ellen Show

So yesterday I woke up around 12pm and I decided to check my Twitter as always. When I noticed that Ellen (yea I know I follow her Tweets, Don't Judge me) Tweeted that she was going to be giving out tickets to her show to the first 6 people to show up at this bus stop wearing their favorite superhero costume. So acourse a look around my closet to see if I had anything that was good enough to be considered a superhero costume. Found a Superman Shirt, and a long sleeve shirt (to tie around my neck and make it seem like a cape). Off I drove off to the location.


Apparently I was the first one there. Sat near a sign that said "SUPERHEROES WAIT HERE" Atleast I knew I was at the right spot. 10 minutes go by and another guy shows up dressed as Dr Manhanttan. I didn't feel bad by being the only person there.


We sat around waiting when a rep for Ellen came up to us and took our pictures and told us we were getting tickets and to stick around to see if other would show up. Thats when I realized that I had to go to work at 5, but I called and said I was going to be a bit late. We pretty much sat out there for like more that 2 hours. A lady who apparently was following our tweets came down to give us some water. We got bored so we took a pic. As you can see we pretty much wore whatever we could find and ran with it.
Around 3 they finally take us into the WB lot (where Ellen is taped). We go thru the lot towards backstage wondering who we would see. We mee the stage managers who tell us that Ellen is going to introduce us to the show. We make our entrance which was awesome cause the whole audience was cheering and clapping for us. Thats what I call an EGO booster. They sat us in a special section next to the DJ. We were able to enjoy the show from there.
Other people finally decided to show up in costumes. There was a woman dressed as a contruction work Wonder Woman, 2 Hippie girls and Catwoman. It was fun, got a free Slumdog Millionaire DVD, Martina Bride CD (which I'm giving away), a shirt that reads "My Tweets are Real", and a free 12 month subscribtion to Nexflix. All in all it was a good day. Yet I still had to to to work and watch Fast and Furious.
That was my day. What Did you do?
BTW video coming soon.
If you want to know what I thought about Fast and Furious read my review.

No comments: