Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Break Trip Day 1

Spring break. Gotta love that time of year. When People like to go out and get crazy drunk. But as you get old, its not the same anymore. Its becomes more of an adventure.

For this spring break we decided to head up north, San Francisco to be exact. First off it was a mission to get up there. We left last night around 10pm (scheduled time was 8pm) which is a pretty late start for most road trips.. The drive wasn't bad at all. Little rain here and there but nothing major. Like all Road trips there always those that fall asleep. But Its funny when they try to hide their faces. But when there awake, its all eyes and smiles.

For this leg of the trip I got to be the navigator. Being the navigator kinda sucks, especially since you have to stay awake to keep the driver from falling asleep.It does have its perks though, you get to sit shotgun. Another thing that sucks is for some reason I never get a say on music selection.

But Once they fall asleep, that's when I get to take over the music selection. Anything to keep me from falling asleep. Its kinda of nice doing night driving. Especially when it's raining and you go thru the patches where its not raining, where the sky opens up. Its like mesmerizing.

Once we got to where we were staying for the night. I thought it was going to be a well deserved good night's sleep. Boy was I wrong, especially for the fact that I forgot my inhaler. I seriously couldn't breath(2 shedding dogs and a cat). But I at least I wasn't the only feeling the effect. It seem like we weren't going to be sleeping that night. But as tired as we were, we simply knocked out from exhaustion. I found a nice table (where I laid myself out on top of), but ended up just finding a chair and putting my head down on the table. Others just fell asleep in the spot they first sat at.Once we got our well deserved 3 hours of sleep it was time to continue on our trip. Since we were still about 2 hours away from San Francisco it was time to get up and go. Running on 3 hours of sleep really sucks, you have to constantly find or do something to keep you awake, otherwise it's good night. Its kinda of funny what you have to do to stay awake. You literally start talking about anything and everything.

Finally we got to San Francisco, the time 1130, which wasn't that late. The day was still young. First thing we had to do was find a freaking hotel cause I really need to take a shower (no not cause I smelled, but because I can't live without taking a shower thank you very much) and brush my teeth and get some freaking sleep. After we checked in at the fabulous Holiday Inn. It was time to hit up Pier 39 for some awesome clam chowder.

Once we go there I just couldn't help but to take a picture of Alcatraz Island (for which we also bought tickets to take the tour Updates to be posted tomorrow). Got my clam chowder.. ohh how I miss thy. After that we pretty much called it a day. Were still kinda of tired, member running on 3 hours of sleep. But there is so much to do here. It's been ages since I was actually a tourist here. Now I can't wait til tomorrow.

Til the next update which should be done by tomorrow night. Til then have a good night, and don't drink and drive.

No comments: